If you already have a sales page and you have one of these phrases on there, the world will not end (probably).
But if it appears a lot more you might want to change that. You know, unless you actually enjoy looking idiotic, I mean it takes all sorts.
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO BELOW
OR YOU CAN CATCH THE AUDIO HERE INSTEAD:
The Dirty (Nearly) Dozen
- You will learn” People don’t want information, they want FREAKING RESULTS!
- “The most comprehensive …” No one CARES how comprehensive it is, I promise you. They only care how effective it is.
- “You will find the secret to…” There are no more secrets. If this is the only argument you have for your thing, I don’t want to know it.
- “This will save you money…” Finding a dollar is way more lucrative than knowing I won’t lose one. Position it as making or finding more money.
- “Once you have this, you won’t need anything else” You are not only closing the door to further potential sales, you are making yourself pretty unbelievable. The BS alarms will be ring a ding linging
- “It’s affordable” Just please don’t. It the core merit is that it’s affordable, there is something wrong. Affordable = mediocre
- “This is my life‘s work” Who freaking cares?! No-one.
- “You’ve never seen anything like it” Oh PLEASE. I have seen it all. You’re just diluting your message.
- “I’m not here to make money” Stop it. You are in BUSINESS. You are making yourself look like a liar. This is not a hobby, it’s a business.
- “I have 30,000 fans on Facebook” This is just an EGO number, it doesn’t make a bit of difference to your product. It doesn’t mean people will believe you.
So GO – off to your sales page and check for these phrases